CANNING, SECTION L
Contact: Betty Glanville (527-0236) or Seaforth Ag Office 527-0236
*means a special
1st-$5 (5 pts), 2nd-$4 (3pts), 3rd-$3 (2 pts)
All canning to be displayed in 500ml(pint) jars. Jars must be clean and properly sealed. These jars are easier to display and less waste.
No wax, no food colouring and Specials require 2 piece snap lid by Bernardin Mason Jars.
Tags can be picked up at the Seaforth Ag. Society office, Library, Town Hall, Pete’s Paper Clip and Blooms N Rooms.
Entry tags are to be attached to jars with elastic. Follow diagram of tag.
If you are a “New Exhibitor” please print “New” on top right corner of your tag.
CANNED FRUIT Class
* Strawberries New Exhibitor Special for L-4 In memory of Mary Finlayson donates additional $5 to 1st
Your favourite fruit not listed above
** Special** Betty Glanville donates additional $5 to 1st place in L-5
6. Cooked strawberry jam
7. Cooked raspberry jam
8. Apple Jelly
9. *Cooked blueberry jam Bernardin Special- Must include recipe, Product label and UPC code attached to entry tag. Bernardin/Mason jar with 2 piece snap lid. Judged on appearance, taste, texture and creativity. Additional $20.00 product voucher and Rosette Ribbon for 1st place in L-9
PICKLES, SAUCES Section L Class
10. Pickled eggs Recipe attached to entry tag
11. Pickled beans green or yellow – Sifto Salt
12. Pickled beets
13. Small Pickled Corn Cobs- Sifto Salt
14. Dill Pickles
15. Corn relish
16. Hotdog relish
17. Mild salsa
18. Chili sauce
19. Spaghetti sauce – Sifto Salt
20. Stewed tomatoes
21. Maple Syrup -Amber Grade 500 mL glass container- winner will go on to District Competition
22. Honey-500 ml glass container-winner will go on District Competition
23. Bernardin Gift Pack Competition Theme: The Pick of the Patch
Must include at least (2) canned articles labeled and recipe attached and they will be tasted. Be sure to use Bernardin Mason jars & snap lids. Include a note card telling of the article and cost. Be creative, judged on creativity, presentation and taste.
1st place receives an additional $20 Gift Certificate/Rosette Ribbon
24. Bernardin Creative Craft Theme: The Pick of the Patch
The best decorative and or functional homemade craft using a Bernardin Mason jar and 2 piece snap lid. 1st place receives an additional $20 Gift Certificate/Rosette Ribbon
** Special** Best of Show Bernardin donates a $30 product voucher/Rosette Ribbon for most points in Canning Classes 1-20