FLORAL, SECTION S
Committee: Crystal Whyte 519 525 6600
Location: Agriplex Show Barn
All flowers must be grown by you! (except where noted, Class 29)
Cut flowers will be judged on uniformity of colour, shape, and overall health.
Entries should have some foliage attached to plant. Please, no foliage below water line.
A Bloom is a single flower on a stem.
A Stem may have more than one flower or bud.
A Spray is a portion of the plant that has many blooms.
House plants should be grown by you for at least 2 months, and generally kept indoors, unless otherwise indicated.
Please attach entry tag with an elastic band.
Extra prizes will be awarded for entrants with the most points in each Cut Flowers (Class 1-19), Roses (Class 20-22) Arrangements (Class 23-32), HousePlants (Class 33-39), and Section S (Class1-39). Points will be assigned as follows: 1st place=5 points, 2nd place =3 points, and 3rd place =2 points.
CUT FLOWERS 1st-$5, 2nd -$4, 3rd -$3
Asters, 3 blooms
Black-eyed Susans, 5 stems
Butterfly Bush, 3 stems
Chrysanthemums, 3 sprays, any one variety
Cosmos, 3 stems
Dahlias, 3 blooms, assorted colours, foliage attached
Dahlias, 1 bloom 6” (15 cm) or more across
Hydrangeas, white, 3 stems
additional prizes $2 each for 4th- 10th place donated by The Lawnmaster
9. Hydrangeas, any other colour, 3 stems
10. Impatiens, best display, mixed colours
11. Marigolds, best display, any size
12. Sedum, 3 stems
13. Sunflower, 3 blooms, less than 6” diameter
14. Phlox, 3 stems
15. Zinnias, 3 blooms
16. Zinnias, pompom variety, 3 stems
17. Any perennial flower in bloom, not listed above, 1 stem, named
18. Any annual flower in bloom, not listed above, 3 stems named
19.** Special**. I GREW IT! A cut flower from a plant you grew from seed. Seed packet or Seed lending library record attached. 1st $10, 2nd $7, 3rd $5
Additional Prize: Best in Cut Flowers. $20 donated by the Seaforth Horticultural Society is awarded to the grower with the most points in Classes 1-19.
ROSES 1st - $5, 2nd - $4, 3rd - $3
20. Miniature Roses, a display of at least 3 blooms, different varieties
21. Rose, any rose with own foliage
22. Floating rose, 1 bloom, fully open, no foliage
Additional Prize: 10$ to grower who has most points in Classes 20-22.
ARRANGEMENTS 1st -$5, 2nd -$4, 3rd -$3
23. Churning Butter: arrangement in different shades of yellow
24. Tea for Two: arrangement in a cup and saucer
25. Trick or Treat: Halloween centerpiece using a pumpkin and flowers
26. Snow White: an arrangement of white perennial flowers and evergreen foliage
27. Preserved: A miniature arrangement within a mason jar.
28. Canning: An arrangement of mixed cut flowers using a mason jar as a vase.
29. Wild: Arrangement of wildflowers in a boot
30. Dining Table: Arrangement for the centre of a dining table, with the fair theme “The Pick of the Patch”
31. Big: A large bouquet of large cut flowers in a very sturdy vase
32. **Hummingbird Delight: the Mary Vander Molen Special, arrangement of flowers that attract hummingbirds 1st - $20, 2nd - $15, 3rd - $10 donated by The Lawnmaster
Additional Prize: Best in Arrangements. $10 to the grower with most points in Classes 23-32 donated from Seaforth Horticultural Society
HOUSE PLANTS 1st - $5, 2nd - $4, 3rd - $3
33. Begonia, any type
34. Christmas cactus
35. Terrarium, a collection of 3 or more plants in a glass container
36. Cactus collection, 3 or more cacti or succulents growing in the same container
37. African Violet
38. Any other house plant, in bloom, not listed above, named if possible
39. **Special** Pollinator Planter – plant a minimum of 3 plants (from the list below) that attract bees, insects, etc. Named in a container. For the Fall theme The Pick of the Patch”. Prizes donated by The Lawnmaster 1st - $20, 2nd - $10, 3rd - $5
Pollinator Plant list- Aster, Basil, Black-eyed Susan, Bee Balm, Blanket flower, Butterfly Bush, Butterfly weed, Cone Flower, Cornflower, Coral Bells, Cosmos, Geranium, Joe-Pye Weed, Lavender, Lupine, Phlox, Marigold, Mint, Milkweed, Nasturtium, Obedient plant, Rosemary, Sage, Salvia, Sedum, Stonecrop, Sunflower, Sweet William, Tickseed, Yarrow, Zinnia